After taking some time in class we were asked to highlight all of our sources, cited within the paper. Then with a different colored highlighter we needed to highlight the text that represented our voice.
-Which color dominates?
I would have to say that my paper is about 50/50.
-Are you turning over too much to your source?
Some of my quotes are long and could possibly be paraphrased to shorten them.
-Are you ignoring them and rattling on too much about what you think?
No my biggest problem is not explaining the quotes that I have used. As well, I need to split some of them up.
-Or does your source use seem appropriate to support your purpose?
I believe that the quotes I have chosen are the best ones from the sources I have found.
-What do you notice about the pattern of color?
For me it goes back and forth from color to color.
- Are you taking turns paragraph by paragraph with your sources, or is your own analysis and commentary nicely blended within paragraphs, so that the information is always anchored to your own thoughts?
My structure isn’t what I would like it to be. There is too much of going back and forth instead of a nice blending between my voice and my sources.
-Do you surround quoted passages with your own voice and analysis?
I do but it is extremely short and needs to be lengthened to explain the purpose in using the sources.
-Who wins the wrestling match?
My sources win for now, but come time for the final they will have met their match!
No comments:
Post a Comment